University of Mississippi
440 meter swim, 22K bike, 5K run
Participate in the 13th Annual Rebelman sprint triathlon in the beautiful town of Oxford, Mississippi. This race is great for beginners or seasoned triathletes looking for an opportunity to train for n early training race for 2019. The event begins at 8am Sunday April 7 with a 440m swim in an Olympic-size pool at the Turner Center on the University of Mississippi campus. The 22K bike segment provides a competitive route through rural Lafayette County. The 5K run is through the beautiful Ole Miss campus! Early registration ends April 1 and the race is limited to the first 300 registrants. Registration is through racesonline.com only and no day-of registrations will be allowed.
*You are not guaranteed a t-shirt if you sign up after March 24th
*No teams may register after March 29th
Thank you for registering for the 2019 Rebelman Sprint Triathlon! We are looking forward to the sprint triathlon on Sunday, April 7th at 8am. Here are a few reminders as we near race day:Packet Pickup
- Please pick up your packet on Saturday 4/6 between 4-9pm at the Turner Center. We will be located in the lobby of Turner. The address is 642 All American Drive University, MS 38677.
- If you do not pick up your packet on Saturday, please arrive between 6:30-7:30am Sunday 4/7 to pick up your packet on the bottom floor of Turner, outside of the pool area.
- You'll need a government issued photo ID & your USAT membership proof. If you do not have a USAT membership, you would have been prompted at registration to purchase a 1-day USAT license. In this case you'll need to bring your government issued photo ID, and we'll have a list with names of those who purchased a 1-day license, you will not need to bring proof of that.Parking & Check-In
- Please check in between 6:30-7:30am Sunday morning to receive your racer bib and have your number written on you.
- Click the following link for a map outlining where to park for the race: https://gallery.mailchimp.com/c6dbf4efdc7996a01f684edf9/files/33030d79-860e-4a97-af4a-6a7de911bd66/Parking_for_Rebel_Man_1_.pdf
- In the blue area of the map, will will have bike racks set up for you to set up your transition station. Be sure to have all your items setup before race time at 8:00am. Swim, Bike, and Run
- The swim will be 440m followed by a 22k bike down Old Taylor Road and back and, finally, a 5k (3.2m) run around the beautiful University of Mississippi campus. The routes can be found at this link: http://rebelman.olemiss.edu/routes/
- The pool will be available for warm ups from 5-7pm Saturday 4/6 and 7-7:30am Sunday 4/7.
- Volunteers day-of will be wearing bright YELLOW on the run and bike routes. They will be directing traffic and making sure the race course is a safe as possible. Please ask them for any assistance you may need throughout the race. Pre and Post-Race
- We will have bagels from Beagle Bagel and fruit for all of the racers before and after the race.
- Awards ceremony, raffle prizes, and post-race surveys will take place at the culmination of the triathlon, so be sure to stick around!Weather Contingency Plan
We are hoping and praying for great weather Sunday morning. As of now, rain does look like it COULD be in the forecast. We are monitoring the weather closely and are prepared to make a call by Friday afternoon. We will hold the triathlon rain or shine as long as severe weather is not present. In case of heavy rain we reserve the right to reduce the event to a Biathlon (swim/run).What can I do on Saturday in Oxford, MS?
If you are arriving in town on Saturday, there is plenty for you to do! If you want to check out the Ole Miss Rebels Football team, the Grove Bowl is at 3:00pm and is FREE. The scrimmage will be followed by the Ole Miss baseball squad taking on the Florida Gators at 7pm. Friday's home opener will start at 6:30pm while the Sunday game will start at 1:30pm if you would like to go after the race.
We are looking forward to seeing you all this weekend! If you have any questions between now and Sunday, please feel free to reach out!