This course is a USATF certified course – course certification code AR11010DLP.
Chip Timing will be used.
Join us for TWO RACES IN ONE. In addition to the 5k Race/Walk, we feature the Hospital Hill Challenge. The last 1/2 mile of the course is all uphill. In addition to the regular race timing, all runners will be timed separately for the last 1/2 mile. The fastest male and female runners for the hill climb will receive awards. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by fastest race time.
This course begins and ends in downtown Magnolia and is run entirely on city streets. The course features some rolling hills and challenges participants with the 1/2 mile uphill section leading to the finish line.
Date and Time:
- Saturday, May 18, 2019
- 5k Race/Walk starts at 7:30 am
- Fun Run starts as soon as possible after the last 5k Walker crosses the finish line (approximately 8:30 am)
- There will be no race day registration for this year's 5k Race/Walk. All participants must pre-register. Registration will close at noon on Friday, May 17.
- Fun Run pre-registration will close at noon on Friday, May 17. Fun Run in-person registration will be open again on race day at the 5k Race/Walk Finish Line (corner of N. Washington Street and E. Union Street) from 7:45 am until the Fun Run starts.
Through Saturday, May 4, the 5k Race/Walk Entry Fee is $20.00. After May 4, and through noon on Friday, May 17, the Entry Fee is $25.00.
Fun Run Entry Fee is $8.00 (Fun Run is a non-timed, one mile run, limited to participants 12 years old and under).
Participants 12 years old and under that run or walk the 5k can participate in the Fun Run with no additional entry fee (no additional shirt will be given). Just show the race number (bib) from the 5k to be eligible to participate.
- Shirts will be guaranteed only to those registered by Friday, May 3.
- All 5k Race/Walk entrants that register online will have their choice of Technical or Cotton T-Shirts. Those that register in-person or by mail will only be eligible to receive Cotton T-Shirts.
- Cotton T-Shirts will be available to the first 50 Fun Run entrants.
- Runner Awards - $100 cash prize to first place overall male and female. Awards will be presented to the top 3 overall male and female runners, the top 3 masters (40+) male and female runners, and to the top 3 male and female runners in the following age divisions: 0-9, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, and 60+.
- $50 cash prize to fastest male and female runners for the 1/2 mile Hospital Hill Climb. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by fastest race time.
- Walker Awards - Awards will be presented to the overall male and female walkers as well as to the top 3 male and female walkers in the following age divisions: 0-49 and 50+.
- Fun Run Awards - Medallions will be awarded to all finishers.
Only registered race/walk participants will be allowed on the course. Pets, strollers, wagons, baby joggers, or any other hand pushed or pulled device will NOT be allowed on the course.
The race will go on regardless of precipitation. In the event that weather conditions present an imminent danger to participants, the race will be cancelled. No refunds will be given.
Door prizes will be given away at the award ceremony. Must be present to win.
This race is presented in conjunction with the annual city-wide Magnolia Blossom Festival and World Championship Steak Cook-off. Come run the race and then spend the day at the festival.
- Male Runner – Douglas Palmer - 16:13.9 - 2018
- Female Runner – Carli Langley – 18:45.6 - 2016
- Male Hospital Hill Climb – Pierce Kassmeier - 2:28.6 - 2016
- Female Hospital Hill Climb – Carli Langley - 3:06.6 - 2016
For more information on the festival go to http://www.blossomfestival.org.