The Lung Buster Time Trial series is a five-part competitive racing of cycling events in western North Carolina held with intent providing all participants professional race experience, no matter how fast you are. All levels and abilities are welcome!
Our unique mix of different racing environments allows riders of different strengths and focuses to level the playing field amongst competitors. Also, having seven separate events means that one poor showing won’t decimate your opportunity to do well in the series as a whole. So as to not leave out any cyclist: whether you’re an elite time trailer or a recreational rider on your road bike wanting to prove your merit in our Merckx/Standard division, we have both categories.
* 5 Time Trials in 2018! 4 Flat/Fast TTs and 1 Hill Climb!
* 3 - 40k distance TT options (Asheville/Riverside Drive)
* New - Team Relay Competition!
* Age Group Award Categories
2018 Dates (permits pending)
#1 Thursday, April 26th at 6pm - Asheville/Riverside - Flat/Fast
#2 Thursday, May 24th at 6pm - Asheville/Riverside - Flat/Fast
#3 Thursday, June 21st at 6pm - Etowah - Flat/Fast
#4 Thursday, July 26th at 6pm - Asheville/Riverside - Flat/Fast
#5 Thursday, August 16th at 6pm - Elk Mountain - Hill Climb
To be scored as part of the series and to qualify for prizes and awards, you must participate in 4 of the 5 LBTT events.
For Maps and Directions to each race site location please visit:
1. Individual Pre Registration for 20k: $25 per race, $115 for all 5 races in the series!
2. Team Time Trial: Per Team Member (2-4 team members): Pre-Registration: $25 per team member
3. Tandem Pre-Registration: $35 per two riders
4. Individual 40k - $35 per event (only offered at TT1, TT2, TT4)
5. To add the Team Time Trial to your individual registration it will cost an additional $10 for this 'add-on' event per person.
Shirts can be ordered during registration for $20
Merckx divison means NO AERO EQUIPMENT at all — No TT bars or aero helmets.
1. Hill Climb Team Time Trial option: Elk Mountain TT. Each participant on the team will be scored for their solo ride and part of the team... 2, 3 or 4 person team times will be averaged for their overall placement. For series points and prizes the teams will get points based on their placement.
2. Flat Team Time Trial Option: Etowah and Asheville/Riverside Drive TTs: Teams of 2, 3 or 4 will work together to get to the finish line the fastest. The last person on the team will be the Finish Time for the team. This team option for the Flat time trial is $10 additional if you are also participating individually or $25 per person per team. For series points and prizes the teams will get points based on their placement.
Team Names must stay in-tact, throughout the season to be eligible for the series prizes and must participate in 4 of the 5 TTs.
Pre-registration is highly encouraged and is available at RACESONLINE.COM. Those who pre-register receive preferred starting spots. Minors must have a parent or guardian with them when registering to sign the release form. Online registration will be available the day before the event by 3:00PM. Nominal additional surcharges will apply for online payment.
Those who register onsite on race day will sign up and start on a first come, first serve basis and will be assigned a start time randomly in order of sign up. Minors must have a parent or guardian with them when registering to sign the release form. Day of race registration closes at 6pm sharp. Price of onsite registration is $30 for 20k, $40 for 40k, Team Time Trial is $25 per person.
Time Trials start at 6:15pm SHARP for TT's. Riders will start at 1 minute intervals. Please be on time for your race start! Those who register online will receive their start times prior to the race posted on our Facebook page and our website at www.idaph.net (after registration closes) and will be able to start next to riders in the same category.
Individual TT will be first followed by Team Time Trials. Teams will consist of 2-4 participants.
To be scored as part of the series and to qualify for prizes + awards, you must participate in 4 of the 5 LBTT events.
Sign up to Volunteer at our Lung Buster Time Trial Series HERE.
There will be NO refunds for this race.
Entries are non-transferable.
Race Management reserves the right to cancel or modify the event due to unfavorable conditions.
Registration fees are not refundable in the event of cancellation due to "Acts of God".